Recipe of the Week: Minty Fresh Atlantic Bowl
Fresh, zesty, nutritious and fulfilling – everything you want on a hot summer day, right?
This recipe is one for the books, my friends! Rich in protein, omega-3 fatty acids, packed with fibre and loaded with flavour, this meal surely packs a punch.
Nutrition tip: including oily fish 2x per week is an excellent way to nourish your brain and heart! Oily fish such as salmon, trout, sardines or tuna are rich in omega-3 fatty acids – where this funky name denotes it’s chemical composition.
Notably, DHA and EPA types of omega-3s have been extensively studied and found to have anti-inflammatory properties, are important in maintaining the integrity of our blood vessels, warding off ‘bad’ cholesterol, optimise cognitive processes, mood regulation AND memory.
Here is a recipe that will give you all the feels!
- 100g salmon, pan-fried (or you may wish to purchase pre-poached salmon filets)
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 100g soba noodles, cooked
- ¼ of Cucumber, sliced julienne
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Fresh mint and coriander
- Pepper and salt to taste
- Red chillies to garnish (optional – if you’re feeling spicy!)
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Spray the salmon with olive oil spray. Season.
- Cook the salmon for 2-3 mins each side for medium or until cooked to your liking (approximately 8-10 minutes depending on the thickness of salmon).
- While salmon is cooking, place soba noodles in large mixing bowl. Cover noodles with boiling water and let sit for 2-3 minutes (or until softened). Drain and set aside.
- In a bowl, add the cooked soba noodles, julienne cucumber, shredded carrot.
- For the dressing, mix together sweet chilli sauce, soya sauce and sesame oil well. Add to noodle mix.
- Place salmon on top and garnish with mint, coriander and fresh chili
Keep cool these days, stay hydrated and enjoy!
Let us know what you think and tag us @embodyhealthlondon_ to show us your epic creations!